- dormakaba Completes Acquisition of Mechanical Security Businesses From Stanley Black and Decker
- dormakaba Agrees To Acquire Mesker Openings Group, Expanding Business In North America
- Read the first issue of the dorma+kaba Customer Magazine
- Smarter access means Kaba and Dorma joining forces
- dorma+kaba unite at ISC West 2016
- DORMA and Kaba announce merger plans
- DORMA Canada Acquires Dor-Tech Ltd.
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike from RCI wins New Product Showcase Award
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike - A Slimmer Strike for a Better Fit
- RCI announces the opening of a new warehouse in Anaheim, California
- Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp. (RCI) Announces Sale of Business to The Dorma Group
- New President at Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp.
- RCI Wins New Product Showcase for F2164
- NEW F2164 Fire-Rated Electric Strike
- NEW 5 Series Easy Mount Electric Strike
- RCIs 0162 and 6 Series Strikes Now UL Listed for 1500lbs
- New 3 Series Electrified Cylindrical Locksets
- RCI WINS ASIS International Accolades Award
- RCI Introduces NEW DE8310 Delayed Egress
- RCI Releases its NEW 0162 Rim Strike
- RCI Releases its NEW EW8310 Early Warning EM Lock
|RCI/DORMA Management Group (L to R): Vicky Rutherford, Eric Gowland, Brent Mountford, Kurt Denner, Will VandeWiel and Josh Horvath.|
Vicky Rutherford, owner and CEO of Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp. (RCI - a privately held, family owned business for almost 90 years) has announced today that she has agreed to sell RCI to The Dorma Group.
RCI is a globally connected organization providing the Security, Locksmith and Architectural Hardware markets with the best in innovative electric locking and access control solutions. The sale offers an opportunity for both companies to achieve significant growth in their primary market channels. This partnership also allows the two companies to leverage their strengths and product offering to provide a total solution to the Architectural Hardware Market.
RCI benefits from Dorma's global market position, premium brand recognition, product portfolio & customer synergies - and strong alignment of culture and values.
RCI President, Eric Gowland, was very positive about the opportunities created from this marriage of two of the most famous family businesses in the industry, "RCI is excited to play a key role in accelerating Dorma's growth throughout the Americas. Joining forces with Dorma will further enhance both our companys' abilities to dominate our industry as innovative leaders in access control solutions."
Dorma benefits from RCI's premium position in the North American Security and Locksmith Distribution channels and its solid ties to the security and locksmith dealer base. Dorma intends to keep the trusted RCI brand. They also intend to maintain RCI business as usual including all customers, employees, sales representatives, suppliers and locations.
"The America's region provides great opportunity for gaining market share based on our ability to offer integrated premium access solutions and the RCI acquisition represents a big step forward in this regard," commented Wil VandeWiel, Dorma Area President Americas.
DORMA has been a successful, privately held, family-owned business for more than 100 years. The company has grown into a world market leader in door controls, automatics, movable walls, glass fittings and accessories. The DORMA Group headquartered in Ennepetal, Germany, operates on an international scale with companies in 49 different countries. They maintain major production plants in Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, China, North and South America. With an international workforce of more than 6,600 employees, the Group realised sales of over €1 Billion in the fiscal year 2011/12 (June 30).
For more information, please contact:
Eric Gowland, President, 1-800-265-6630 (ext# 2502)
Brent Mountford, Director of Operations and Finance, 1-800-265-6630 (ext# 2402)
Visit Dorma's website @ www.dorma.com