- dormakaba Completes Acquisition of Mechanical Security Businesses From Stanley Black and Decker
- dormakaba Agrees To Acquire Mesker Openings Group, Expanding Business In North America
- Read the first issue of the dorma+kaba Customer Magazine
- Smarter access means Kaba and Dorma joining forces
- dorma+kaba unite at ISC West 2016
- DORMA and Kaba announce merger plans
- DORMA Canada Acquires Dor-Tech Ltd.
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike from RCI wins New Product Showcase Award
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike - A Slimmer Strike for a Better Fit
- RCI announces the opening of a new warehouse in Anaheim, California
- Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp. (RCI) Announces Sale of Business to The Dorma Group
- New President at Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp.
- RCI Wins New Product Showcase for F2164
- NEW F2164 Fire-Rated Electric Strike
- NEW 5 Series Easy Mount Electric Strike
- RCIs 0162 and 6 Series Strikes Now UL Listed for 1500lbs
- New 3 Series Electrified Cylindrical Locksets
- RCI WINS ASIS International Accolades Award
- RCI Introduces NEW DE8310 Delayed Egress
- RCI Releases its NEW 0162 Rim Strike
- RCI Releases its NEW EW8310 Early Warning EM Lock
Introducing NEW Electric Cylindrical Locksets!
INTRODUCING THE NEW 3800 SERIES ELECTRIC CYLINDRICAL
Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp., April, 2010 - Access control requires electrically operated locks. Choosing the electric locking device that is best suited for the situation can be challenging.
Electromagnetic Locks are a great choice for many applications; however with ever changing and conflicting interpretations of building codes, the Electromagnetic Lock often presents a hurdle for specifiers and integrators not worth tackling. Similarly, an electric strike is not always the best solution for the application at hand. Applications wherein there are limitations related to installation, or when higher security is a key factor, for instance, are examples of applications not well suited for the electric strike. In those and many other applications the solution then becomes clear; an electrified lockset.
"We've long known that integrators are on the lookout for high quality and reliable alternatives to the electromagnetic lock and electric strike. With our New 3800 Series (Recently changed to 3 Series) of Grade 1 cylindrical locksets, we are now able to offer an electric locking product that meets their needs and more' says Bob Lafrance, VP of Sales & Marketing
The 3800 Series (now known as the 3 Series), ANSI Grade 1, Cylindrical Lockets have been specifically designed for use in high traffic and/or high abuse applications such as high rise office or residential buildings, factories, warehouses, retail stores, schools, and public buildings. This lever set has a unique clutch mechanism that radically reduces the wear and abuse experienced with typical cylindrical lever sets. When locked, the 'clutch' disengages the outside lever allowing it to turn freely without opening the latch.
With a cast stainless steel retractor and bronze roller bearings, the 3800 Series (now known as the 3 Series) lever set is ultra-strong, operates smoothly, and lasts far longer than most. Endurance tested to over four million cycles, it can also withstand 1800 inch-pounds of torque.
"We are so sure of its strength and durability, we've given this product a lifetime mechanical warranty" says Bob Lafrance.
Easy to install and fits doors ranging from 1-5/8 to 1-7/8" in thickness without the use of spacers or special tools, the Electric Cylindrical series also features thru-bolting reducing vibration and has been fire labeled for up to three hours.
The options too are numerous with various functions, request to exit (REX), the popular American lever, and a 6-pin standard core.
Known today as RCI, Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp. is a global, solution based organization that provides the architectural hardware, locksmith, and security markets with the best in electric locks, door hardware and access control products. In or Out… We Make it Easy!
# # #
If you would like more information on this product or to schedule an interview, please contact Inside Sales at 1-800-265-6630 or firstname.lastname@example.org