- dormakaba Completes Acquisition of Mechanical Security Businesses From Stanley Black and Decker
- dormakaba Agrees To Acquire Mesker Openings Group, Expanding Business In North America
- Read the first issue of the dorma+kaba Customer Magazine
- Smarter access means Kaba and Dorma joining forces
- dorma+kaba unite at ISC West 2016
- DORMA and Kaba announce merger plans
- DORMA Canada Acquires Dor-Tech Ltd.
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike from RCI wins New Product Showcase Award
- New 0563 1/2" Rim Strike - A Slimmer Strike for a Better Fit
- RCI announces the opening of a new warehouse in Anaheim, California
- Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp. (RCI) Announces Sale of Business to The Dorma Group
- New President at Rutherford Controls Int'l Corp.
- RCI Wins New Product Showcase for F2164
- NEW F2164 Fire-Rated Electric Strike
- NEW 5 Series Easy Mount Electric Strike
- RCIs 0162 and 6 Series Strikes Now UL Listed for 1500lbs
- New 3 Series Electrified Cylindrical Locksets
- RCI WINS ASIS International Accolades Award
- RCI Introduces NEW DE8310 Delayed Egress
- RCI Releases its NEW 0162 Rim Strike
- RCI Releases its NEW EW8310 Early Warning EM Lock
Cambridge, ON (April 14, 2014) - Rutherford Controls, a DORMA group company amazed both show-goers and the SIA New Product Showcase judges at ISC West in Las Vegas with their low energy 1/2" Rim Strike. The 0563 1/2" Rim Strike was presented the NPS award in the best in Green Solutions/Energy Conservation category which judges products based on energy consumption reduction compared to products of a similar type as well as products that contribute to the sustainable environment through manufacturing and distribution processes.
"We are extremely thrilled to receive this prestigious award," said Alex Grenda, Sales Engineer & Design Support Manager of Rutherford Controls. "We have worked diligently to bring this slim, low power strike to the market and believe that we've set a new benchmark for energy consumption in the electric strike market."
The slim, adjustable design of this new strike makes it the perfect solution for tight-fitting installations. This strong, durable surface-mounted (no frame cutting required) strike is designed to work will Pullman latch rim exit devices and most door frame materials. A low-energy, auto-sensing (0.03A,12-24VDC) strike, the 0563 runs cool in use. It includes two 1/8" spacers to create two additional sizes, 5/8" and 3/4". The strike is made of high-grade stainless steel, combining exceptional strength and an appealing aesthetic.
It's UL 1034-listed to 1500 lbf of static strength. The field-selectable, dual-mode feature allows installers to select between fail safe or fail secure modes. In addition, the non-handed design works with both right- and left-hand doors, and it also includes lockdown holes for secure mounting.